Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity
- Youth Participation | Listen Up! Project Submission Deadline: Monday 23 May
16 May, 2022
- Mental Health | Pupils from armed forces & veteran families asked to test new digital platform
13 May, 2022
- Mental Health Awareness Week | Top tips to look after your mental health and wellbeing
13 May, 2022
At RCET the trust of our donors is paramount.
That’s why we’ve signed up to the Fundraising Guarantee upheld by the Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel alongside our commitment to the Fundraising Regulator (which monitors our fundraising practices with our English partners).
Fundraising is the life blood of any charity and we need to raise funds from voluntary sources. We could not fulfil our charitable mission to ensure that every Armed Forces child can reach their full potential without the support of generous, thoughtful and committed donors. We value the support of donors and understand the need to balance our duties to our beneficiaries, with our duties to our donors.
That’s why we make this commitment to you.
We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising and we commit that we will guarantee to adhere to best practice as outlined in the Fundraising Code of Practice.
We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, ensuring that they also comply with this Code of Practice.
We guarantee to operate in line with the values of the Code; to be Legal, Open, Honest and Respectful in all of our fundraising. To promote and underpin these values, we commit to the following standards:
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change or stop a regular donation
- If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will respect your rights and privacy
- We will have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request
- We will hold your data securely
- We will communicate with you in accordance with your selected preferences.
If you feel at any point that we have not adhered to these standards or think that we could do better you can contact the Panel Secretariat on 0808 164 2520. Should you be dissatisfied with this response you can also contact the Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel at www.goodfundraising.scot
Your Mind Matters
RCET is creating a bespoke mental health and wellbeing service, for Armed Forces young people across Scotland, and you can help!Find out more