Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity
- Youth Participation | Listen Up! Project Submission Deadline: Monday 23 May
16 May, 2022
- Mental Health | Pupils from armed forces & veteran families asked to test new digital platform
13 May, 2022
- Mental Health Awareness Week | Top tips to look after your mental health and wellbeing
13 May, 2022
Like any charity, RCET is incredibly grateful to our volunteers past and present who give their time to us for free because they are passionate about what we do. This week is Student Volunteering Week (11th-15th of February) designed to showcase the fantastic work that students can do across their community to benefit charities and good cause groups that they care about.
There are a number of benefits to volunteering that aren’t just about gaining new skills and experience that will help you in your future professional life. Volunteering can help build community, create friendships, decrease loneliness as well as increase confidence, resilience and wellbeing. In fact, many of the positives you can gain from volunteering are the very values we hope to help Armed Forces young people build into their lives to help them reach their full potential.
We have a number of current opportunities:
- Administration Volunteer – looking to gain some office experience or have some spare time on your hands and want to use your skills and experience? With a small staff team we are always on the look-out for volunteers who can help us with sending mailings or updating our database.
- Communications Volunteer – are you a whizz when it comes to social media? Or maybe you love an audience and want the chance to shout about what RCET does from the rooftops? If you think you can help us increase our awareness so that we can reach every child who needs us then we’d love to hear from you.
- Community Fundraising volunteers – do you want to help us raise vital funds for our services? Could you place some collection tins in your local community, organise a bucket collection at your local supermarket or even organise a large-scale fundraising event like a ball or ladies lunch? If you’re passionate about doing good in your local community then get in touch today.
- Cheer Station Volunteers – do you have buckets of enthusiasm or a reputation for making a racket?! Then we have just the role for you! Help us out at running and cycle challenge events throughout the year and be our participants Mr or Mrs Motivator getting them around the course.
Coming Soon! Once our Youth Participation programme is more established in the Summer we will also be interested in hearing from those who want to work directly with children and young people engaging them and ensuring that their voices are heard in their school, local community and nationally.
If you are interested in volunteering with us and would like to have a chat about your skills and experience and how they could best be put to use please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Tasha our Development Manager on 0131 240 2224 or by emailing email@example.com
Your Mind Matters
RCET is creating a bespoke mental health and wellbeing service, for Armed Forces young people across Scotland, and you can help!Find out more