Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity
- Vacancy | Mindful Connections Family Support Worker
27 June, 2022
- Policy | Scottish Parliament exhibition calls on MSPs to ensure voice of children and young people is heard in future policy-making
27 June, 2022
- Website Development | Children and young people invited to test new website
14 June, 2022
Would you like to support children and young people from Armed Forces and veteran families to realise their potential and thrive? Forces Children Scotland has received funding from ABF: The Soldiers Charity to launch its Lighthouse Project, in partnership with Queen Victoria School in Dunblane.
Through the Lighthouse Project, this newly created role will work with children and young people from Armed Forces and veteran family backgrounds, who attend and board at Queen Victoria School, to pilot one-to-one, peer support and mentorship outreach activities to help promote greater understanding and enhance mental health and wellbeing. In addition, the role holder will work directly with children and young people to co-produce learning materials and resources for educators and professionals to help them to better support unique needs of pupils, when it comes to mental health and wellbeing, education and learning, and much more.
Some of the essential criteria of what we’re looking for:
- At least two years’ experience of working in a mental health service delivery/support work context.
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and young people to support mental health and wellbeing.
- Experience co-producing projects with children and young people in a mental health and wellbeing context.
- Experience developing and delivering mental health and wellbeing support for children and young people.
Please read our job description for further details.
For an informal discussion about the role, please email Hannah Johnstone (Children and Family Support Manager): Hannah.email@example.com
Submission Deadline: Please submit your CV and covering letter (no more than 1000 words) by Wednesday 15 June (5pm)
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 27 June 2022.
An Enhanced Disclosure Scotland Check will be required as part of our selection process.
Your Mind Matters
RCET is creating a bespoke mental health and wellbeing service, for Armed Forces young people across Scotland, and you can help!Find out more