RCET is committed to gathering the views of children and young people from Armed Forces families.
RCET is committed to taking a children’s rights-based approach to all aspects of our work and is committed to listening to the voices and gathering the views of children and young people.
UNCRC Article 12 states:-
‘You have the right to give your opinion, and for adults to listen and take it seriously.’
Thanks to funding from the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust we have been able to work with students to co-create two resources that they felt were important to share.
The leaflets contain:-
- top tips for their families, their schools and their communities
- a glossary of terms used by forces families.
- What it is like being part of an Armed Forces family
- What it feels like when a loved one is away from home.
- What it feels like to have to move home and school.
You can see these resources by heading to our Publications section of our website.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0131 322 7350