Forces Children Scotland have received funding from the Armed Forces Covenant Trust to work with children and young people, from serving personnel and veteran families, to co-design a board game and comic book to help raise greater awareness about life in an Armed Forces family.
It’s about exploring both the positive and challenging aspects and using your experiences, creativity and voice to shape the project to become a force for change to help civilian friends, teachers and fellow professionals better understand what it’s like to be an Armed Forces young person today.
Topics we’re thinking about covering through our Forces Life Project!
We will work directly with Armed Forces young people and their families, who will shape the development and design of the board game and comic book through a range of themes, which could include:
- Deployment of loved ones
- Regular relocations within the UK and overseas
- Disruption to education and learning and friendships
- Impacts on Mental health and wellbeing
- Developing a strong sense of belonging and resilience
- Travel and experiencing a wide range of cultures.
Become a Force for Change!
How does all this sound!? You can get involved in our Force’s Life Project if you are one of the following:
- A young person (12-24) from a Scottish serving personnel or veteran family residing in Scotland.
- A young person (12-24) from a non-Scottish serving personnel or veteran family residing in Scotland.