Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity
- Vacancy | Mindful Connections Family Support Worker
27 June, 2022
- Policy | Scottish Parliament exhibition calls on MSPs to ensure voice of children and young people is heard in future policy-making
27 June, 2022
- Website Development | Children and young people invited to test new website
14 June, 2022
Would you like to support children, young people and parents from veteran families to realise their potential and thrive? Forces Children Scotland has received funding from the Scottish Veterans Fund to launch its Mindful Connections Project.
Through Mindful Connections, this newly created role will provide support which makes a real difference to veteran families directly in their own homes and within the community. Our holistic family support model will help the families to work together to make the important transition from serving to veteran life, to overcome unique challenges to mental health and wellbeing, education and learning, galvanise family relationships as well as deliver activities and events to promote greater understanding and integration in local communities across Central Scotland.
Some of the essential criteria of what we’re looking for:
- At least three years’ experience of working in mental health service delivery.
- Experience working with whole family unit to support mental health and wellbeing.
- Experience developing and delivering mental health and wellbeing support for families, with an emphasis on children and young people.
- Experience working within suicide prevention or actively working towards gaining a qualification in this area.
Please read our job description for further details.
For an informal discussion about the role, please email Hannah Johnstone (Children and Family Support Manager): Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: Please submit your CV and covering letter (no more than 1000 words) by Friday 15 July 2022 (5pm)
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 25 July 2022.
An Enhanced Disclosure Scotland Check will be required as part of our selection process.
Your Mind Matters
RCET is creating a bespoke mental health and wellbeing service, for Armed Forces young people across Scotland, and you can help!Find out more